- 1 How can I get admission in Indian Navy?
- 2 How can I join Indian Navy after 12?
- 3 How can I join the Navy?
- 4 What is the education required for Indian Navy?
- 5 What is the salary of Indian Navy?
- 6 What are the exams for Indian Navy?
- 7 Which stream is best for Navy?
- 8 What is the salary of Navy?
- 9 What is Mr post in Navy?
- 10 Is Navy officer a good career?
- 11 Is Indian Navy a good career?
- 12 Can I join navy after 10th?
- 13 Which degree is best for Navy?
- 14 Which subject is best for Indian Navy?
- 15 Can I join Indian Navy at the age of 27?
UPSC Entries. Candidates on completion of the 10+2 (PCM) Examination or while in the 12th standard are eligible to compete. Successful candidates join the NDA or Naval Academy as Naval cadets. Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE). University graduates are eligible to appear in the examination.
There are two ways of joining Indian Navy after 12th:
- NDA & NA Examination: You can join NA by taking the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- Nationality – Indian.
- Gender – Men only.
- Educational Qualifications – 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics.
- Advertisement Schedule – May and December. (
One must have passed the 10+2 exam with science subjects, match the age limits and physical standards and be an unmarried male candidate to apply for the NDA. The other UPSC indirect recruitment exam for appointment as an officer in the Indian Navy is Combined Defence Service (CDS) exam.
Education 21 to 25 (a) Masters Degree with minimum 60% marks in: (i) Physics (with Mathematics in B.Sc). (ii) Mathematics (with Physics in B.Sc). (iii) Chemistry (with Physics in B.Sc). (v) Meteorology/Oceanography/Atmospheric Science with Physics and Maths at graduation level.
The Indian Navy
|Pay Scale of Officers|
|RANK||LEVEL||PAY BAND (in Rs.)|
National Defence Academy (Navy) & National Defence Academy (Naval Academy)
|Sr. No.||Name of Exam||SSB Conducted by Navy|
|(i)||NDA &NA Exam (I)||Aug-Sep|
|(ii)||NDA &NA Exam (II)||Jan-Feb|
Its completely your own decision to choose in which stream you should go but in Indian Navy most of the task are engineering based. So, for choosing a career in the Indian Navy you should take Science with Maths as your stream.
Indian Navy Officer Pay Scale
|Rank & Level||Pay Scale (in Rs.)||Military Service Pay (MSP)|
|Sub Lieutenant – 10||56100-177500||15500|
|Lieutenant – 10B||61300-193900||15500|
|Lieutenant Commander – 11||69400-207200||15500|
|Commander – 12A||121200-212400||15500|
About this Job Chef ( MR ) You will be required to prepare food as per menu(vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products), and accounting of ration. In addition, you will also be trained in fire arms and will be allotted other duties for efficient running of organisation. Steward ( MR )
If you’re a college graduate or current student thinking about serving your country, you should consider becoming a Navy officer. U.S. Navy officers are among the most respected men and women who serve our country. In addition, they earn great pay and benefits.
Your naval career will have stood you in very good stead for civil employment. The industry recognises the high level of training, responsibility, reliability and management skills of Service personnel. The leadership skills that you acquire will give you a distinct advantage over others in the civil world.
You must have a Matriculation (Class 10th / High School / SSC) certificate issued by a recognised board of education. Only male candidates are eligible to apply for MR posts.
List of best Maritime courses for getting Merchant Navy job
- 1 B.E./B. Tech.
- 2 GME course. GME course is a pre-sea training course for Graduates.
- 3 B.Sc. Nautical Science.
- 4 DME Course (Diploma Marine Engineering)
- 5 GP Rating course.
- 6 Deck Rating course.
- 7 Engine Rating course.
- 8 Saloon Rating course.
Educational Qualifications 10+2 Science stream schooling with Physics and Mathematics subjects, with minimum 70% marks in PCM subjects. Also, minimum 50% marks is required in English subject also (10th or 12th class).
(f) Branch/ Type of Entry–Law, Unmarried Men / Women- Men, Age Limit (years)- 22 – 27, Educational Qualifications- Candidates should possess degree in Law qualifying them for enrolment as Advocate under the Advocates Act 1961. Women- Men/ Women CPL Holders, 19 – 24Holding valid and current CPL issued by DGCA (India).